Today, we’re releasing some updates for Presently’s Chrome Extension. Current users on version 0.0.4 will notice a few changes in version 0.0.5. Here’s a rundown of the update:
- We’ve improved security. In order to give the same level of support to ssl-disabled instances as we do to ssl-enabled instances, we now utilize full-host accounts. This means that you’ll need to enter your full url, including protocol (i.e., https://example.presently.com instead of example.presently.com). Once you update this in your settings, though, you won’t need to worry about it again.
- In previous versions, it was possible to submit an update with no text. Now, updates with no text will not go through.
- In an effort to keep updates and conversations coherent and organized, the application maintains the threading relationship through inline replies.
If you’re not already using the Presently Chrome Extension give it a try today! It gives you full access to your Presently network, letting you view and post updates and stay up-to-date throughout the day. The small notification icon that sits next to your address bar is unobtrusive yet distinctive enough to offer you a gentle reminder that you have unseen updates waiting for you.
Here’s how to get started:
- Visit the Chrome store here to download the latest version of the Presently Chrome Extension.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, customize your settings:
- Now you’re ready to use Presently from Chrome!
- Empower your employees – increase productivity and creativity through collaboration via Presently.
- Enable your employees to easily share files and media.
- Easy solution for groups or departments to collaborate on projects.
- Track ongoing conversations with threaded view and inline reply options.
- Past information is available in an instant through Presently’s search tool.
- Our Desktop, Mobile, and Web applications give you the flexibility you need to access Presently anytime, anywhere.
What is Presently?
Presently is the perfect microblogging solution for businesses. Communicate and collaborate in real-time, in a secure Twitter-like environment built for the enterprise. If you’re not using Presently yet, let me give you a few reasons to check it out:
So try it out today and see what the power of real-time collaboration and communication can do for your company. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without it!