Cloud DevOps Engineer – Missouri
Mobomo is a group of exceptional designers and engineers building world-class digital experiences. Our reputation for creating beautiful, innovative and scalable web and mobile applications has won us clients from federal agencies to Fortune 100 companies to napkin-stage startups. We are lean, agile, and cloud-first. We bring great ideas to life, and we move fast.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer with Mobomo you will:
- Build, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot highly available cloud infrastructure for web and mobile applications in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud service providers utilizing infrastructure-as-code best practices.
- Develop continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with tools like Jenkins to seamlessly automate software releases.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert (SME) on application containerization with Docker, Kubernetes, and related tools.
- Manage Linux system environments for numerous software platforms including LAMP, MEAN, and ELK stacks.
- Oversee production code deployments for multiple projects.
- Create and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions to maximize service uptime and ensure compliance with customer SLAs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical issues and resolutions, both within the team and to external clients and stakeholders.
- Join an Agile/Scrum development team, participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Scrum ceremonies.
- Support developers with SDCL processes and assist fellow engineers with technical problem-solving.
- Work on some of the coolest projects in the industry, shipping software early and often.
- Enjoy our award-winning culture including flexible time off.
- Degree in Computer Science or IT, or comparable on-the-job experience or training.
- Demonstrated solutions architecture experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or other cloud service provider, especially utilizing infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience deploying containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated experience using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other tool to configure and deploy virtual machines from code.
- Expert-level skills with Linux command-line tools, SSH, and system-level troubleshooting.
- Strong experience with Git and knowledge of GitFlow best practices.
- Detailed mental model of HTTP, client/server architecture and how web applications work.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- Be excited about cutting-edge technologies, and be able to explain why.
- Must be U.S. citizen and eligible for Public Trust clearance.
- Must be able to work full-time onsite in Missouri.
- Contributions to open-source projects available on a public Git repository, especially related to Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with automated functional testing, especially Selenium and/or Gherkin/BDD suites like Lettuce or Behat.
- Hands-on engineering experience with Drupal.
- Hands-on engineering experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack).
- Superior client-facing skills and ability to communicate technical subject-matter in non-technical terms.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or SysOps Engineer Associate certification.
- Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certification.
Mobomo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Come join us!