Drupal DevOps Engineer – Remote (US based)
We are looking for candidates who desire to develop long term DevSecOps abilities, striving to master many languages/platforms. Familiarity with package repositories and management including npm, nuget, composer, or custom repos as it relates to doing site builds and deployments. Knowledge of SQL, mySQL and/or PostgreSQL. Knowledge of PHP, Nginx, Apache, Memcache/Redis setup, tuning, and troubleshooting. Knowledge of Container Orchestration, Enterprise Container Architecture (e.g. Docker Swarm, K8s). Familiarity with Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, CircleCI or equivalent.
As our DevOps Drupal Engineer, your responsibilities would include:
- Researching and Advancing Mobomo’s core Drupal Services roadmap
- Architecting and Developing secure applications to solve client business problems
- Troubleshooting functional, performance, security, and stability issues and implementing solutions to improve site reliability
- Standing up development, staging, and production environments on a variety of infrastructure platforms including Amazon / Azure compute instances, Kubernetes / Docker clusters, managed platforms such as Acquia / Pantheon.
- Mapping out DevSecOps tasks in sprint planning sessions while using daily scrums to coordinate task implementation and deployment.
- Developing secure CI/CD pipelines and performing regular deployments while maintaining stability of production, staging, and development environments
- Communicating with team members to discuss implementation ideas and conducting code reviews to highlight both the good practices which should be followed as well as identifying bad practices needing remediation
- Fostering a team environment where setbacks become learning experiences, rather than technical growth limiters, encouraging team members to be fearless in dealing with both the good and the bad
- Utilizing an IaC (Infrastructure as Code) first mentality to create hardened, secure, and repeatable infrastructure whether in the Cloud or on premise
If that sounds like you, then you should have:
Drupal Proficiency, knowledge of nodes, theming, templates, a functioning mental model of Drupal Core, and familiarity with most common modules and technical approaches to implementing common web application functionality, experience using drush and writing custom scripts to accomplish DevSecOps tasks.
- Experience with Drupal Features, Drupal Module Development, Drupal Core API and understanding of Drupal security and patching best practices
- Knowledge of Drupal 7/8/9, Symfony, Composer, Twig, the state of Module Development
- Knowledge of Drupal development and deployment best practices
- Exceptional understanding and experience with Git and source code management workflows
- Familiarity with package repositories and management including npm, nuget, composer, or custom repos
- AWS DevOps/SysOps Associate Level or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Swarm
- SQL language experience, mySQL / PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with linux shell commands and Bash scripting
- Comfortable with modern Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment processes including Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, Azure DevOps, CircleCI or equivalent
- Comfortable with modern monitoring tools such as AWS Cloudwatch, New Relic, Splunk, etc.
- Understanding security and performance best practices in the cloud space. Experience with Application Gateways, WAF’s, and CDN’s
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2 - 5 years of Drupal hands-on development experience (code samples required)
- US Citizenship
- US Eastern Time zone availability
Come join us!