Proposal Manager- Public Sector
Proposal Managers are responsible for the effective planning, organization, and management of the proposal and the successful operation of the proposal team, document review process, resolution and/or escalation of development issues, and final document generation.
As a key member of the proposal team, the PM’s priorities and contributions include the following:
- Work with bid managers for all client-facing deliverables, with special focus on responses to RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and proactive proposals.
- Offer experienced guidance on how best to compose and present proposals for optimal effectiveness, including setting up shell files for all deliverables to respond to the client requirements and tracking for compliance.
- Multitask with several bid proposal projects simultaneously while creating high-end results.
- Provide input to proposal strategy through pre-RFP planning activities that help the pursuit team plan and shape client deliverables.
- Collaborate with the sales and bid management team to ensure appropriate messaging and strategy is reflected in the proposal, keeping the focus on the client and their goals.
- Oversee proposal life cycle to meet all milestones on time and with quality; create deliverable outlines, track the status of each client deliverable, and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the bid manager to develop proposal calendar that incorporates client deadlines and account for all critical milestones.
- Lead the Writer’s Workshop at kickoff meetings and ensure the pursuit team understands proposal process, deliverables, and due dates.
- Track client changes to the RFP throughout the pursuit process and communicate the information to the pursuit team.
- Engage other proposal team resources with specialized skills, for example, a graphic artist, at appropriate intervals in the pursuit process.
- Oversee product production/delivery, which may include print and proposal packaging for all client deliverables, including customized deliverables developed for the client.
- Ensure a proper closedown of the proposal process and standardized archival of client documents post submission.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or other writing-heavy degree
- Experience in IT industry preferred but not required
- 5 or more years of experience in proposal management, sales communications, or content development role
Knowledge and skills required:
· Impeccable English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proven project management, writing, and editing skills
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word (templates, styles, macros, etc.)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
· Experience using SharePoint, Teams, or other collaboration tools
· Positive, “can do” attitude and ability to work well with others
· Ability to work effectively under pressure in a high-performance environment
· Ability to multitask, handling multiple pursuits at various stages
· Strong organizational, listening, and time management skills
· Able to work effectively with subject-matter experts and sales team to communicate solutions
· Ability to persuasively tailor communications for varying levels of customers served in the industry
Come join us!