Mobomo is a group of exceptional designers and engineers building world-class digital experiences. Our reputation for creating beautiful, innovative and scalable web and mobile applications has won us clients from federal agencies to Fortune 100 companies to napkin-stage startups. We are lean, agile, and cloud-first. We bring great ideas to life, and we move fast.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer with Mobomo you will:
- Build, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot highly available cloud infrastructure for web and mobile applications in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud service providers utilizing infrastructure-as-code best practices.
- Develop continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with tools like Jenkins to seamlessly automate software releases.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert (SME) on application containerization with Docker, Kubernetes, and related tools.
- Manage Linux system environments for numerous software platforms including LAMP, MEAN, and ELK stacks.
- Oversee production code deployments for multiple projects.
- Create and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions to maximize service uptime and ensure compliance with customer SLAs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical issues and resolutions, both within the team and to external clients and stakeholders.
- Join an Agile/Scrum development team, participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Scrum ceremonies.
- Support developers with SDCL processes and assist fellow engineers with technical problem-solving.
- Work on some of the coolest projects in the industry, shipping software early and often.
- Enjoy our award-winning culture including flexible time off.
- Degree in Computer Science or IT, or comparable on-the-job experience or training.
- Demonstrated solutions architecture experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or other cloud service provider, especially utilizing infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience deploying containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated experience using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other tool to configure and deploy virtual machines from code.
- Expert-level skills with Linux command-line tools, SSH, and system-level troubleshooting.
- Strong experience with Git and knowledge of GitFlow best practices.
- Detailed mental model of HTTP, client/server architecture and how web applications work.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- Be excited about cutting-edge technologies, and be able to explain why.
- Must be U.S. citizen and eligible for Public Trust clearance.
- Must be able to work full-time onsite in Tysons Corner, VA.
- Contributions to open-source projects available on a public Git repository, especially related to Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with automated functional testing, especially Selenium and/or Gherkin/BDD suites like Lettuce or Behat.
- Hands-on engineering experience with Drupal.
- Hands-on engineering experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack).
- Superior client-facing skills and ability to communicate technical subject-matter in non-technical terms.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or SysOps Engineer Associate certification.
- Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certification.
Mobomo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.