Back to Careers
- Responsible for development, maintenance and execution of tools and processes that build and deploy applications. You will also develop, automate, and document build processes and procedures.
- Responsible for software source code, change control, configuration, build and deployment process for Drupal and .Net based applications.
- Work with Development team, Linux and DBA teams to validate and complete the RHEL 7/8 migration project.
- Work with the Development team and the VM, Infrastructure team to containerize the existing and new applications.
- Provide expert support in analysis and reporting of web-related activities and projects throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Communicate complex and/or technical information to a broad range of audiences
- Ensure critical patches are coordinated, tested, and applied to the House Drupal platform within reasonable time.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with Web Systems colleagues on assigned projects
- Maintain professional relationships with customers, management, colleagues and deliver high-quality customer service.
- Develop scripts to do Continuous Integration and Development using Gitlab Pipeline or
- Access the process in place and implement process improvement and automation and increase efficiency
- Configure and setup Kubernetes infrastructure for existing and new applications and
implement best practices keeping security and high availability in minds
- Empower and educate inhouse web development team on developing the container
- Work with the infrastructure team and security team on applying patches to the container
images when applicable
- Work on setting up logging and monitoring tools for container specific infrastructure for web-based applications
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, site support, and infrastructure
teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through deployment pipeline
- Document all DevOps and Continuous Integration processes
- Troubleshooting web site issues knowing the issue can be at any layer; providing
appropriate evidence at each layer to isolate the issue, and
- Lead production deployment efforts by creating change requests, deployment and
rollback strategy and testing to ensure successful deployments to production environments.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Demonstrated senior level knowledge in network and desktop operating systems. Strong experience in Linux as well as Windows based infrastructure is required to be successful in this role
- Hands on experience in Gitlab pipeline and auto DevOps tools
- Experience deploying to AWS/GCP/Azure Kubernetes as service
- Deployment using Dockerfiles, Helm charts, Bash, or PowerShell scripting
- Experience with datacenter Kubernetes platforms such as PKS and OpenShift
- Proven experience in managing high availability web infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
- Demonstrated leadership skill in leading projects; proven experience with time and
project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed,
- Strong knowledge in DNS, CDN and managing certificates,
- Proven experience in working with automation tools like Ansible and proficiency in
creating bash scripts
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected
officials, senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users
- Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed
appropriate by senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work
Come join us!