Front End Engineer
We seek a front-end developer to join Mobomo. The group is a team of researchers and engineers who create modeling and simulation software for fuel cells, batteries, solar arrays, and other emerging energy technologies. Customers across the DoD use our software to solve existing energy management and logistics problems and analyze novel modes of use.
A new-hire in this position will work with the rest of our team of software developers, UI/UX designers, and engineers to expand upon a full-featured energy simulation for the US Marine Corps and US Army. The energy simulation application includes a browser-based user interface written in React and Typescript and a back-end written in Go. We are always experimenting and looking to develop new and useful pieces of software for clients. We have several software products which have been incubated and demonstrated and received funding to bring to a fully-fledged application. We focus on highly efficient back-end solutions coupled with UI/UX that is understandable and useful.
This position will work with a team of other software developers and engineers at US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) and collaborating organizations.
- Design and implement new user interface features
- Work with other team members to recommend software solutions
- Prepare and run tests
- Contribute to product documentation
Present work at reviews by sponsors and collaborators.
- Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in front-end development in a small team-based environment
- 2+ years with the React and Redux front-end framework
- Front end unit and integration tests in Jest
- Git and hosted git services such as github/gitlab/bitbucket
- Ability to successfully complete the NRL security process
- B.S. degree in scientific or technical field
Experience designing user interfaces to explain physical systems and simulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced Git concepts
- Experience developing components in a component explorer like storybook.js or styleguidist
Key Words: Redux, React, HTML, CSS, front end
Come join us!