Technical Project Manager – Public Sector
Mobomo is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager. This person will be responsible for managing both technical and operational aspects of a software development project for a large federal government agency. Experience with the Devops development process using agile methodology is required. Responsibilities include ensuring the project follows the approved project roadmaps, updating projects status, and resolving technical/operational issues as they arise, and assigning tasks to project teams.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including, planning, scheduling, budgeting, issues and risk management and personnel management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilizes resources, identify and resolve problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Demonstrated experience in managing software development projects using SCRUM - Agile Methodology
- Client management skills
- Understanding of Git and how to review and merge pull requests
- Familiar with the Linux command line and basic bash scripting
- Familiar with using Monday.com for roadmaps and planning
- Familiar with using Jenkins to trigger deployments
- Highly organized and performs tasks with meticulous detail such as writing tickets, documenting testing steps, and acceptance criteria
- Has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Works well with blended teams including client and internal staff working in collaboration
- Is highly motivated and possesses a high level of initiative to push beyond obstacles both technical and operational in order to meet deadlines.
- Has strong interpersonal skills to work within a small hybrid team of 4-8 (developers, clients, and key stakeholders)
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Is a positive and innovative thinker
- Manage project plan with resources and communicate objectives to team members
- Sheppard software projects through the development process
- Follow and update roadmaps, timelines, and manage progress
- Address issues as they arise by routing them to the appropriate team member
- Able to perform QA tasks a execute thorough product level testing
- Understanding product owner responsibilities and able to make decisions about technical execution
- Able to produce reports and documentation to obtain signoff from security and key stakeholders
- Interface with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide status updates to senior management
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be clearable
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in IT, software development or related field.
- Five years of experience in project management
- PMP certification preferred
- Scrum Certified
Come join us!