We are looking for our next UI Designer based in Raleigh, North Carolina to support one of our Federal clients Graphic Arts needs.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Create web sites, print media articles, brochures, flyers, and banners to support Community Relations and media relations campaigns.
- Design dramatic and colorful flyers to solicit interest in North Carolina National Guard programs. Requirements can be accomplished using individual and or mass corrections, modifications and or updates of several proofs, as appropriate. Mass corrections connotes an advanced comfort level with global changes in text, graphics, and Web page layouts.
- Transition of newsletters and collateral publications from print to electronic, with focus on enhanced functionality and increased usability.
- Provide server management to insure accessibility and availability for Public Affairs communication and media projects. Manage server storage capacity so adequate levels of performance and content can be provided to the user.
- Provide design and edit content for all publications including but not exclusive to the quarterly magazine, quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Insure all publications are posted to the web site within timeframe requirements/deadlines and in media specific formats.
Additional Requirements and Notes:
- Desired Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated practical experience in computer science, communications, marketing or an applicable training certificate from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of intensive and progressive experience in an internet and graphic arts related field including development and design of media sites and publications is required.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements components of the website in support of Public Affairs and Information Technology projects.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, design, and architecture of the website.
- Responsible for interface implementation.
Suggested Skill Set:
- Ability to plan and organize work, establish and meet suspense’s, and create acceptable work products independent of supervision.
- Knowledge of content, technical aspects, and policies governing military Web sites.
- Knowledge of editorial and layout and design projects in DoD print media.
- Ability to manipulate data to distinguish patterns and common themes of data to produce whole reports.
- Ability to meet and engage with customers using a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Vista, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection 4 or higher.
- Ability to routinely handle sensitive/confidential information.
This is a full-time position with Mobomo.
Daily commuting to our client office is required.